- The team was contracted during the design programming phase in order to provide input on feasibility of construction and to help identify potential long lead items that would need to be procured prior to construction. Once design was complete, the team collaboratively worked with the City of Cambridge and State of Massachusetts agencies in order to gain approval for the construction of this unique facility. Though the main focal point of this project was to construct a state of the art pharmaceutical manufacturing facility, the team was also responsible for renovating existing lab and office support space as part of their scope of work. This required working closely with the inspectional services department to allow for phased occupancies of the building while still maintaining life safety requirements.
- The cGMP Manufacturing project consisted of multiple classified and controlled clean room suites which are used for the development and manufacturing of pharmaceuticals.
- The Animal Care Facility was an expansion of a functioning 2,000 SF testing facility and officespace/manufacturing storage. A new exhaust and roof top unit were installed and the work was completed in 3 different phases to allow proper coordination for end users and adjacent lab space users.
- The BAD Lab (Biological Analytical Development Lab) was an analytical lab housing equipment for drug substance performance analysis and analytical method & stability studies.
- The Assay Lab – Assay Development Laboratory was an analytical lab set up for the development and performance of weights & variables of proteins and amino acid research.